SOUTHERN UTAH — The weekend is almost here, and that means it’s time to look for adventure – whether it’s something fun, inspiring, educational or entertaining. Take advantage of our snapshot of Southern Utah events and activities to enjoy with family and friends, and keep the adventure going all weekend long!
Watch TGIF Show co-hosts Sheldon and Amy talk about their weekend picks:
See video at the top of this listing.
New Year’s weekend events | Dec. 31 – Jan. 3
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Holiday Small Paintings Show | Admission: Free | Location: Maynard Dixon Legacy Museum, 2200 S. State St., Mt. Carmel.
- Friday, 7:30-9:30 a.m. or 9:30-11:30 a.m. | New Year Intentional | Admission: $35 | Location: Bristlecone Company, 67 W. Center St., Cedar City.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Concealed Carry Class | Admission: $50 | Location: Cedar Post Pawn of Hurricane, 72 W. State St., Hurricane.
- Saturday, 4-6:30 p.m. | Custom Tibetan Prayer Flag Workshop | Admission: $55 | Location: Cedar Yoga Space, 736 N. Main St., Cedar City.
- Thursday, 8 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. | New Year’s Eve Celebration | Admission: $5 | Location: Kanab Center, 20 N. 100 East, Kanab.
- Thursday, 9:30 p.m. to midnight | New Year’s Eve Drive-In Movie | Admission: Free | Location: Ebenezer’s Barn & Grill, 110 E. Center St., Bryce Canyon City.
- Friday, 6-9 p.m. | Goodbye 2020! Pizza-n-Paint Night | Admission: $25-$30 | Location: Ms. Traci’s Art School, 293 E. Telegraph St., Suite 103, Washington City.
- Friday, 6-10 p.m. | Drive-Through Light Show | Admission: $10-$40 | Location: Staheli Family Farm, 3400 S. Washington Fields Road, Washington City.
- Friday and Saturday, 5:30-10:30 p.m. | Light the Holidays | Admission: $16-$28 | Location: Red Cliffs Mall, 1770 E. Red Cliffs Drive, St. George.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Tuacahn Saturday Market | Admission: Free; vendors vary | Location: Tuacahn Center for the Arts, 1100 Tuacahn Drive, Ivins.
- Thursday, 5-8 p.m. | Mason Cottam | Admission: Free | Location: Last Chair Saloon, 329 S. Highway 143, Brian Head.
- Friday, 8-11 p.m. | DJ Lance | Admission: Free (21+ only) | Location: Mike’s Tavern, 90 W. Hoover Ave., Cedar City.
- Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. and Sunday, 8:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. PST | Gregg Peterson Band | Admission: Free (21+ only) | Location: CasaBlanca Resort & Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite.
- Saturday, 8:30-10 p.m. | Charlie Kessner | Admission: Free | Location: Sand Hollow Resort, 5662 W. Clubhouse Drive, Hurricane.
- Thursday, 6:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. | NYE Midnight Madness | Admission: $25-$39.95 (18+ only) | Location: Fox Theater, 320 W. State St., Hurricane.
- Thursday, 8:30 p.m. to midnight | New Year’s Eve Dam Bash | Admission: Free (21+ only) | Location: Beaver Dam Station & Bar, 411 N. Old Highway 91, Littlefield.
- Thursday, 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. | New Year’s Eve Party with Reality Check | Admission: $5 (21+ only) | Location: Mike’s Tavern, 90 W. Hoover Ave., Cedar City.
- Thursday, starting at 9 p.m. | NYE Black Tie Affair | Admission: $15-$20 | Location: Warehouse Bar + Kitchen, 432 N. 100 West, Cedar City.
- Thursday, 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. | New Year’s Eve Bash | Admission: $5 (21+ only) | Location: Policy Kings Brewery, 223 N. 100 West, Cedar City.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. | 2021 New Year’s Day Trail Ride | Admission: Free | Location: Dixie 4 Wheel Drive, 73 N. 900 East, St. George.
- Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | DIG Paddlesports Polar Plunge | Admission: Free | Location: Quail Creek State Park, 472 N. 5300 West, Hurricane.
- Saturday, 2-4 p.m. | Introduction to Cold Immersion Exposure & Holotropic Breath Work | Admission: Free | Location: Quail Creek State Park, 472 N. 5300 West, Hurricane.
- Saturday, 2-5 p.m. | New Beginnings Mini Golf Tournament | Admission: $15 | Location: The Resort at Stucki Farms, 5015 S. Cattail Way, Washington City.
Have a tip for something happening next weekend?
Send us the details to be considered for next weekend’s TGIF!
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2020, all rights reserved.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day’s news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!