Encore Boston Harbor not for sale, casino President Brian Gullbrants writes to employees

The president of Encore Boston Harbor has assured employees that the Everett casino is not for sale.

“It has been falsely reported that Encore Boston Harbor is for sale. I want to assure you that our company has not engaged in any conversations about the sale of the property,” Brian Gullbrants wrote in a message dated Saturday, which was obtained by MassLive.

“In fact, we are very excited about and committed to the future of Encore Boston Harbor and we cannot wait until we are fully re-open, and we have all of our team members back with us every day,” Gullbrants continued. “The team is hard at work planning for the future of Encore, post-COVID, and we can’t wait to share all of these exciting new ideas with you.”

An article published Friday by the Everett Leader Herald reported that the casino was for sale and cited an unnamed source.

Casinos have struggled during the coronavirus pandemic and have had limited operations with safety protocols. In October, casinos were allowed to begin offering roulette again, but still have seen a low numbers of patrons.

A stay-at-home advisory issued by Gov. Charlie Baker in November requires some businesses – including casinos – to close at 9:30 p.m. Last month, Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox said during the company’s third-quarter earnings call that Encore Boston Harbor could see between 670 and 1,000 full-time equivalent workers furloughed because of the curfew.

In August, layoffs of 385 employees were announced, and the casino said it didn’t anticipate the positions returning in 2020. Encore Boston Harbor opened in June 2019.



Source link

Sign Up

Sign Up to receive the latest coupons and news directly to your mailbox

Contact US

For Business Related Queries:
[email protected]

For Customer Support:
[email protected]

GuciPoker
Copyright © 2021 GuciPoker | All rights reserved | All logos and trademarks belong to their respective companies