A new casino in Philadelphia plans to open next month.
The 510,000-square-foot Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia plans to open at 8 p.m., Feb. 11, pending approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. The casino is located at 900 Packer Ave. and is owned by the Cordish Companies.
When it comes to gaming, the casino will have 2,100 slots and electronic table games; 150 table games; a 29 table poker room and a FanDuel sportsbook.
When it comes to dining and entertainment the casino will have a number of options.
The Prime Rib, which was previously located in center city Philadelphia for more than 20 years now has new home at the casino. The restaurant offers prime steaks, seafood and a selection of salads, sides and desserts. The restaurant will also have a bar and lounge as well.
Sports & Social Philly is a sports restaurant, gaming venue and social lounge. It will have a FanDuel Sportsbook and Lounge retail location, a giant 52-foot LED display and 24 televisions. The menu will include “game day” favorites, local beers, and specialty cocktails.
Luk Fu has a mix of Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean food, a private dining room and private karaoke rooms.
10th Street Market, a food hall will have wide variety of food, as well as a bar. The market will include:
- Lorenzo and Sons Pizza will feature a selection of personal gourmet pizzas.
- Sang Kee Noodle Bar & Kitchen is a traditional noodle bar featuring classic noodles and dim sum selections, and other items including general tso’s chicken, and beef and broccoli.
- Termini Brothers Bakery will have cannoli, cookies and cakes.
- Center Bar is located in the heart of the casino floor offering 360 degree views of the gaming action, giant LED TV screens for sports viewing, communal tables, plush lounge seating and live music.
- R Bar, an interactive bar, features electronic table games and a 40-foot long video screen.
- Guy’s Burger Joint will offer burgers, fries and hand spun shakes.
- Guy Fieri’s Taco Joint will offer tacos, salsas and guacamole paired with margaritas, a selection of Mexican beer and cocktails.
- Morty’s Deli, a traditional New York style deli will offer overstuffed sandwiches, sides and desserts.
- Luckie’s Liquor will offer a selection of beer, wine and specialty drinks.
The casino will also be home to a 12-story, 208-room hotel. A six room event center that will have 15,000 square feet of customizable meeting space to accommodate groups of 12 to 1,000 people.
The hotel will have access to parking with an attached multi-level structured parking facility and adjacent surface parking.
The casino has also announced its safety precautions.
The casino has installed the Atmos Air Bi-Polar Air Purification System within its HVAC system, which it said will treat and clean the air in the facility. The casino also has a Reel Clear slot management system, which it said would guarantee every customer who plays a slot machine is sitting down at a freshly sanitized machine and it said that the system also has the capability to automatically social distance the customer from the nearest guest.
“The newly-developed system can automatically shut down a slot after it has been played and can only be reactivated by an attendant after it has been sanitized,” the casino said in a press release. “Also, once a player starts to play a newly sanitized machine, the system will lock down the machines on either side to enforce social distancing in areas not protected by plexiglass barriers. The system will also allow a patron to request their machine to be cleaned at any time.”
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia said that the construction project has provided more than 5,000 new construction jobs. The casino said earlier this month that it is hiring to fill up to 2,000 permanent new positions.
The Cordish Companies, the owner of the casino, also opened a $150 million casino under its Live! Brand at the Westmoreland Mall in Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County near Greensburg on Nov. 24.
While the casino in Philadelphia doesn’t open to the public until Feb. 11, it has had some preview days. Reservations for the preview days: PhillyLiveRewards.com.
You can follow Daniel Urie on twitter @DanielUrie2018 and you can like him on Facebook.